How to Make a WordPress Website for Total Beginners
29th October 2017
I've been teaching WordPress for years. It's one of my favourite thing to teach.
I get so much joy when I see the satisfaction and sense of achievement the participants have, when it 'clicks', and they realise that they can make a website themselves.
Based on my notes, and the questions I get, I put together a book, and it's now available on Amazon, however today I want to let you know about the step-by-step video I made. It's aimed at total Beginners, with no prior knowledge of WordPress.
This video for you is if you have bought your domain and hosting and have WordPress installed, and if you know nothing about WordPress!
Topics covered in the video include:
- Logging into the dashboard for the first time
- Dashboard navigation versus viewing your website
- Creating Pages
- Creating a Menu, Adding Pages to a Menu, Dropdown Menus
- Theme Installation and Activation
- Uploading Images
- Basic SEO to help your site rank better
- Recommended plugins (e.g. for your SEO, to implement Google Analytics)
- Introduction to Plugins, including Installing Yoast SEO and a basic security plugin
- Adding a Slideshow in the Virtue Theme
Check out the Video here:
Anyone who has bought the book is welcome to join the Facebook support group for WordPress here. There, you can ask questions and I will get back to you within 48 hours unless someone else has answered you sooner!