This book is aimed at WordPress beginners, not professional website developers, and covers all the basics that you need to know when creating your first WordPress website, whether you want to use WordPress for blogging, a standard brochure-style website, or e-commerce.
N.B. This covers the ‘main’ type of WordPress, and NOT WordPress.com.
Topics covered include;
- Creating Pages
- Adding a Theme
- Creating a Menu, Adding Pages to a Menu, Dropdown Menus
- Posting (for blogging) including Categories
- Uploading Images
- Embedding (e.g. YouTube Videos)
- Basic SEO to help your site rank better
- Recommended plugins (e.g. for your SEO, to implement Google Analytics)
- Basic Security Plugins
- E-commerce (with the free WooCommerce plugin)
- Sourcing free, and cheap stock images